Thursday, October 29, 2009

New "haus"

Well, shoot. I am writing this from the warmth of my new room slash apartment slash etc. YES, for the first time in two months I put my tooth brush in a bathroom sans dinosaur protector. I am now about to join the book a DAY club so I want to keep this short & sweet in order to make that dream into a reality. A few things: the owner of this apartment speaks Turkish and German, and is essentially the sassiest and sweetest woman I've met in a spell. She also has the raspiest smoker's voice of all time. This house feels like a home. It is across the street from a park where there is a cafe, dog park, jogging lane, etc. (!!!) The room is so tiny but yet everything I have FITS. I am amazed. Also amazing is how my family came into the living room and said, "Okay let's move you into your new place" and I was like "Oh shit I haven't packed" and packing all of my things took approximately 10 minutes. Let's compare that with all other recent moves...no let's not. Now I'm just thinking: how am I even going to begin to thank this family that I hadn't seen in over TEN years that made me a part of their home for so long? As I was leaving to spend my first night here tonight, I was handed a bag of groceries they had bought for me. Words can not describe. After everything they've done, honestly? WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE. I am in no place to be writing this bullshit right now, so here's some flicks of my new surroundings.



No comments:

Post a Comment