Friday, December 4, 2009

Pasta vs. Cake


Weird: I have been getting things done the last couple of days. Like, things that have been really chillin' on a perma to do list are getting crossed off left and right. Unfortunately, one thing I did not get done is an epic Greece post so that will have to wait for post-Moira's visit. By the by, I will be picking her up at the airport as of this very afternoon. I might be typing like a sane person, but I am in fact so excited/relieved/a million other emotions that I'm just going to stop right now before I get carried away. Above is a photo of one of my birthday cakes. Yes, one of - I had three in total. It was, in fact, as delicious as it looks. For my first birthday spent away from the motherland, I'd say things turned out pretty well for me. Your Turkish lesson for the day: in Turkish, the word for cake is "pasta". A little confusing, but not really when pasta is delicious no matter where you are, know what I mean?

Nom nom nom,

Alias: Ridic hair

P.S. It's December? I've been here three and a half months? What?

2 comments:

  1. remember when the lil bus attendents used to give us free pasta? well I guess that is present tense for you, canim. but i remember dat shit- pasta ve fanta ve çok cute bus stewardesses..... oh, ve SNOW DOGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snow dogs should be the only movie played on every bus, plane, and train. come visit soon so we can watch it 2 to 100 more times, canım!

    ReplyDelete