Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sip sapped

Okay everyone stop. Hold up. I AM EMPLOYED. WHAAAAAAT! All caps were 1000% necessary. I've never been so excited for waking up early and having a set schedule most likely ever in my life. I am walking around with a feeling like I could simul laugh and cry. I haven't, but I swear I could. I became "officially" employed Thursday and I start on Monday. MONDAY!!! I am already dreaming of ways I will save/spend my skrill. A couple examples: paying off some debt (I am excited for this, is that weird?), headphones (currently using airplane headphones and they blow, too bad my fave pastime includes breaking laptops/telephones/headphones), books (until then: book swap with Dan!), &c.

In other news, I am trying to live my life where I say "yes" to invitations sent my way. It's way, way too easy to do absolutely nothing. Terrifyingly easy. On that note, tonight I was invited to a kid's birthday party. "Kid's birthday party? Seriously?" I thought. But then I remembered my new and exciting goal and just ffffing went. DUDE. Not only was there an endless wine/gin supply (buzzed internet use is not drunk internet use) but I met: 1. a Scottish English teacher who gave me a ridiculously helpful book on teaching English (!!!) and lots of helpful advice and 2. this woman from California who was super nice and also had lots of kind words. #1 straight up told me there was an empty flat and I should move into the building, and #2 told me I should babysit her kids and that we should hang out. Her hair was majestic. I also was able to understand some shit talking in Turkish (close to my heart), and chat with my aunt extensively afterward. In short: go for the gold 24/7.

Tomorrow I am going to attempt to do a little clothes shopping. Every day is an adventure, especially when Turkish shoe companies find your (read: my) shoe size equal to that of Sasquatch.

Smooches,

2 comments:

  1. i knew you'd get a job!! congratulations. jobs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Canim!!!! I'm having a cupcake tonight in celebration on your behalf. ;)

    ReplyDelete